Monday, April 18, 2011

New Record on Gold Prices

OK, my jewelry-making friends...take a deep breath. 

Gold hit a new record today, so I thought I'd quickly post the latest gold, silver, and copper prices.  As of today, April 18, 2011 those prices are:
  • Gold....... $1495.00 per ounce--record high
  • Silver...... $43.31 per ounce
  • Copper....$4.26 per pound--that's only $ .27 per ounce!
If you recall, I blogged about the prices of these metals back in August of this year. 

Yikes!  Silver has more than doubled in price since August, with an increase of almost $25 since then, and is approaching the record high price of $48 from January of 1980. 

Gold has increased by $299 since August 11, and today's price is an all-time high.

I didn't record the copper price last August, but if you're using copper to make jewelry, it's still a bargain compared to gold and silver.

Of course, if you're a plumber or electrician, both of whom use large amounts of copper, this price is painful because it, too, has increased.

Good thing we don't need to use oil in jewelry-making--but I'm not going to get into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment